Our guest for today, Susan Balk, is the Founding Director of Hate Breakers. An organization that celebrates those who end the hate-breeds-hate cycle in St. Louis. Susan is recently named as a woman of achievement. Susan also serves on the Board of Delancey Street Foundation, the country’s leading residential self-help organization for substance abusers, ex-convicts, homeless, and others who have hit the bottom of their lives.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 10:32] Opening Segment
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Susan Balk
- Susan talks about her background
- She was a Journalist for NY Times Magazine, Vogue, and others alike
- Her first published work
- Susan shares her idea about Fame
- The dynamic between celebrities and their supporters
[10:33 – 26:50] Hate Breakers
- A talk about Truth
- Her Published work together with her husband
- The beginning of Hate Breakers
- Overcoming Hate
- Her inspirations
[26:51 – 0:0] The Transition
- Susan recalls her time as a non-fiction editor
- Bringing her sensibility to magazines like the Playboy foundation board
- Her business and time as a liaison for publishers and magazines
- The transition from print to the Internet
[33:36 – 38:44] Closing Segment
- Relating and admiring Famous and interesting people
- Sacha Baron Cohen
- Jordan Peele
- Final Words
“We buy into this myth given to us by the movies. That somehow if we’re famous, we’re immortal. Somehow if we’re known by enough people, we’re not going to die.” – Susan Balk
You can connect with Susan through the Hate Brakers Facebook and Website.
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, visit my website https://100thmm.com/ to learn more about getting your free social media marketing consultation!
I want to know more about you! Email me at email@example.com
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.