Today my guest is Kate McKearn. She is the executive director of Eye Thrive, which removes barriers of access and expense of eye care that stands between too many poor children and a bright future.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 11:30] Making a difference with Eye Thrive
- I welcome Kate McKearn, to the show
- Kate talks about their mobile vision clinic
- How she found her way to Eye Thrive
- Pivoting and adjusting to the impact of COVID-19
- Expanding their replacement glasses program to every child in their community
- What a pair of glasses can do to help a child
[11:31 – 15:42] The Future of Eye Thrive
- Kate talks about the next steps for Eye Thrive
- Providing opportunities for underprivileged children
- How to reach out to Eye Thrive and Kate
- See links below
[15:43 – 21:30] Learning More About Kate McKearn
- Kate’s favorite color
- If you could meet any fictional superhero, who would it be?
- Mrs. Incredible
- Kate talks about the kindness she witnesses, receives and gives
- Bringing out the goodness in our kids
- Final Words
“I’ve seen first hand the situations our kids live in. There’s a lot of circumstances that are out of their control and they have a lot of things on their plate already. So if they lose those glasses, let’s just get them a new pair.” – Kate McKearn
“It’s a simple thing, a simple tool that really does make a big difference. If we can get more of those tools in the hands of the kids that need them, they have an opportunity to thrive.” – Kate McKearn
“There’s so much goodness in our kids and when we look ahead to the future, it’s just about building experiences that continue to bring that out of them and showing them opportunities to use that.” – Kate McKearn
Connect with Kate on LinkedIn and visit http://eyethrive.org/ to learn more.
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, visit my website https://100thmm.com/ to learn more about getting your free social media marketing consultation!
I want to know more about you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.